I aim to write accessible articles about blockchains, bitcoins, distributed ledgers and fintech, in plain English, for business people.
Important note: If you own more than $1,000 worth of cryptocurrency then you should definitely be using a hardware wallet instead of keeping coins on exchanges. I recommend a Trezor which you can buy for €89 directly from their website.
Please enjoy, and share these posts on Linked In, Twitter and Facebook if you like them!
Most recent posts
- 7 Feb ’18: Useful new ICO metrics for 2018
- 6 Dec ’17: Bitcoin price, gold, and nonsense – how not to value bitcoins
- 14 Nov ’17: MAS just released Corda for Central Banks… so what?
- 2 Nov ’17: Blockchains and central banks – what have we learnt?
- 4 Sep ’17: Mini-series on money, payment systems, and CBDCs!
- 22 Aug ’17: Blockchains and financial inclusion
Gentle introduction series
- A gentle introduction to blockchain technology
- Avoiding blockchain for blockchain’s sake: Three real use case criteria
- Distributed ledgers: “Confirm-as-you-go”
- What’s the difference between a distributed ledger and a blockchain?
- Distributed Ledgers: Shared control, not shared data
- Confused by blockchains? Revolution vs Evolution
- A gentle introduction to immutability of blockchains
- A gentle introduction to Ethereum
- A gentle introduction to self-sovereign identity
- A gentle introduction to ICOs
- A gentle introduction to smart contracts
- A gentle introduction to digital tokens
- A gentle introduction to bitcoin
- A gentle introduction to The Hyperledger Project
- A gentle introduction to money
- A gentle introduction to interbank payment systems
In a nutshell series
- Ian Grigg’s Ricardian contracts and digital asset prehistory (Epicenter interview Oct 2016)
- DTCC whitepaper – Jan 2016
- Eris (Epicenter Bitcoin interview – Jan 2016)
- Multichain (Epicenter Bitcoin interview – Nov 2015)
Thoughts and reactions
- Bitcoin price, gold, and nonsense – how not to value bitcoins
- Blockchains and central banks – what have we learnt?
- The hype around Central Banks, digital currencies, and blockchains
- Blockchains and financial inclusion
- Blockchains and laws. Are they compatible?
- Blockchains and cyberwar: Why the next wave of interbank settlement systems will be decentralised
- Yes, but what’s new with distributed ledgers?
- The emergence of blockchains as activity registers
- No, blockchain is not a solution looking for a problem
- So you want to use a blockchain for that? Some common misconceptions.
- KPMG Report on Consensus (Jun 2016): Interview with co-author George Samman
- Just because it’s on a blockchain it doesn’t mean it’s true
- On loyalty points and blockchains
- What you get for free with blockchains
- On disruptive innovation in FinTech
- Big wow for blockchain collaboration amongst banks
- On KYC and blockchains
- The pros and cons of internal blockchains
Events and presentations
- 21 Jun 2017: Building the Blockchain business case (Blockchain for Finance conference, APAC)
- 21 Apr 2016: Bitcoin and blockchains in ASEAN: Interview on Brett King’s Breaking Banks
- 25 Jan 2016: FinTech Finals Hong Kong
Opinions are my own and do not represent those of any entities I am affiliated with.