I aim to write accessible articles about blockchains, bitcoins, distributed ledgers and fintech, in plain English, for business people.
Please enjoy, and share on Linked In, Twitter and Facebook if you like them!
Most recent posts
- 4 Sep ’17 Mini-series on money, payment systems, and CBDCs!
- 22 Aug ’17: Blockchains and financial inclusion
- 14 Aug ’17: Blockchains and laws. Are they compatible?
Gentle introduction series
- A gentle introduction to blockchain technology
- Avoiding blockchain for blockchain’s sake: Three real use case criteria
- Distributed ledgers: “Confirm-as-you-go”
- What’s the difference between a distributed ledger and a blockchain?
- Distributed Ledgers: Shared control, not shared data
- Confused by blockchains? Revolution vs Evolution
- A gentle introduction to immutability of blockchains
- A gentle introduction to Ethereum
- A gentle introduction to self-sovereign identity
- A gentle introduction to ICOs
- A gentle introduction to smart contracts
- A gentle introduction to digital tokens
- A gentle introduction to bitcoin
- A gentle introduction to The Hyperledger Project
- A gentle introduction to money
- A gentle introduction to interbank payment systems
In a nutshell series
- Ian Grigg’s Ricardian contracts and digital asset prehistory (Epicenter interview Oct 2016)
- DTCC whitepaper – Jan 2016
- Eris (Epicenter Bitcoin interview – Jan 2016)
- Multichain (Epicenter Bitcoin interview – Nov 2015)
Thoughts and reactions
- The hype around Central Banks, digital currencies, and blockchains
- Blockchains and financial inclusion
- Blockchains and laws. Are they compatible?
- Blockchains and cyberwar: Why the next wave of interbank settlement systems will be decentralised
- Yes, but what’s new with distributed ledgers?
- The emergence of blockchains as activity registers
- No, blockchain is not a solution looking for a problem
- So you want to use a blockchain for that? Some common misconceptions.
- KPMG Report on Consensus (Jun 2016): Interview with co-author George Samman
- Just because it’s on a blockchain it doesn’t mean it’s true
- On loyalty points and blockchains
- What you get for free with blockchains
- On disruptive innovation in FinTech
- Big wow for blockchain collaboration amongst banks
- On KYC and blockchains
- The pros and cons of internal blockchains
Events and presentations
- 21 Jun 2017: Building the Blockchain business case (Blockchain for Finance conference, APAC)
- 21 Apr 2016: Bitcoin and blockchains in ASEAN: Interview on Brett King’s Breaking Banks
- 25 Jan 2016: FinTech Finals Hong Kong
Opinions are my own and do not represent those of any entities I am affiliated with.