FinTech finals Hong Kong: 25-26 Jan 2016
I returned from an enjoyable two-day event in Hong Kong showcasing Asia’s best FinTech startups. I spoke on a couple of panels and gave a short keynote, arguing that the hot topic for 2016 will be “smart contracts“. Below is a copy of the presentation I gave.
Day 1 Panel: The Internet of Money – from Blockchain to Bitcoin, and how it will impact Asian finance? with:
- Alex Lin, Head of Singapore’s IDA
- Dušan Stojanović, Founder of Angel investment vehicle True Global Ventures
- Aurelien Menant, Founder of HK-based bitcoin and ether exchange Gatecoin
- Markus Gnirck (Moderator), Co-Founder of Startup Bootcamp FinTech
Day 2 Blockchain Summit opening keynote: 2014 vs 2015 vs 2016. How has interest changed in bitcoins / blockchains? Here is a pdf of the presentation I gave: 2016-01-26 FinTech Finals HK.pdf
I was joined for a panel discussion with:
- Felix Tan, Managing Director of Singapore accelerator The Fin Lab
- Alex Medana, CEO of blockchain company WIP Solutions
- Isabella Carvalho (Moderator), Fintech mentor and consultant
I was also honoured to be listed as an FinTech Asia 100 influencer. Thank you!
Update: The slide that got the most attention seemed to be this one: